Monday 9 December 2013

|| Art Trip || London Tate Modern & Tate Britain ||

As part of my Fine Art course at college, we are lucky enough to go on plenty of trips to various galleries, many of which are in London. Last week a large group of the art students, ranging from the AS & A2 level students to the B-Tech Diploma students, embarked on a trip to two London Galleries: Tate Modern & Tate Britain.

Theres something so enticing about art galleries, particularly for me those of modern art. They really open up your eyes to so many types of art and helps you to explore new artists. Galleries are a cultural experience that stimulates the brain in a way that only art can: a creative yet intelligent way.

I thought I would post some of the pictures I took from the trip, just to show my readers what spectacular and wonderful art both these galleries contain.


Tate Modern

Jannis Kounellis || Untitled
Joseph Beuys || Monument to the Stag
Picasso || The Weeping Woman 
Hrair Sarkissian || Education Sqaures
Gerhard Richter || Cage (1) - (6)
Lorna Simon || Five Day Forecast
Miyako Ishiuchi || Yokosuka Story
Niki de Saint Phalle || Shooting Picture


Project Space: Inverted House

This particular project I found so completely inspiring and wonderful. The whole collection was absolutely wonderful. My own current project is Space & Place so I found this particular collection to be so motivating and stimulating.

Siniša Ilić || Untitled
Tina Gverović || Parastates


 ||MORE IMAGES BELOW||



Tate Britain 

Tate Britain
L.S Lowry || The Old House, Grove Street, Salford
As part of my project within art I am using Lowry as part of my art analysis and inspiration.

BP Spotlights: Joshua Reynolds, The Age of Innocence
Link
Eileen Agar || Angel of Anarchy
Yuri Suzuki || Juke Box Meets Tate
I don't really know how to explain how wonderful this room was, but what I can say is that I just didn't want to leave it. Everything about it was so amazing, the lighting from juke-boxes cascading the room and the soft tunes coming out of them (note: which you could choose.)
Me and my friends chose Sunday Morning || Velvet Underground and spent several minutes just taking in the atmosphere of this piece.



(Images are all my own. No copywrite intended.)




3 comments:

  1. Ah these photos make me miss the Tate. Maybe I'll make a trip in the next week or so! Love your blog
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad my post has made you want to go back!!
    Thank you very much.
    Libby
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Do you have a website your fans can view works of art?

    Offer Waterman & Co.

    ReplyDelete

© British Theory 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis